If you are self-employed, running your own business, whether or not you are employing others, the business is basically you. If you are not operating at peak performance, how can your business run at its best? Would you expect your car to continue to run smoothly, efficiently and responsively if you neglected it? Of course not – it needs regular driving, servicing, maintenance and, of course, frequent supplies of food and water to keep it going; the better you look after it, the better it will run and the longer it will last.
How many of us take good care of our cars, but neglect ourselves with regard to our health?
So, do any of the following apply to you?
- Are you running on empty?
- Do you find it difficult to think clearly?
- Are you feeling the effects of your age?
- Do you feel tired all the time?
- Are you often ill, and take an age to recover from bugs?
- Do you sit still all day?
- Are you merely existing?
- Are you suffering from aches and pains?
- Do you feel stressed?
- Are you no longer looking your best?
- Do you wish you had more energy?
- Are you worried about your weight?
- Do you often feel overwhelmed?
- Are you unhappy with your work–life balance?
- Are you worried about your health as you age?
Don’t worry though – it’s never too late to start to live well.
These are important issues, all of which directly affect your productivity at work, and ultimately the success of your business. And all of these can be tackled in some way through self-care – preventative health is an entirely possible concept.
Over the next few months I’ll be posting a series of articles on various aspects of investing in your health and your future. The aim of this series of articles is to help you be as healthy as you can, so you can function at your very best, every day.